Monday, July 2, 2012

Keeping Up

A lot of news since my last post. I guess last time I was really worn out by all the things going on with how many forms to fill out and the pending move and all. I think I will go the old-fashioned way and number the news, however they do not show the importance of the news. I think they're all about the same. 

1. I officially and fully moved out of my apartment in The Hague last week. After a few long days of cleaning, throwing away and packing, my father helped me bring my stuff to Germany. He came all this way with the car (which happens to be a minivan) and we managed to put all of my stuff in it! (sans furniture of course. I left that for the next tenant) Then we took a really long drive back to Germany. We stopped at a friend's house at some point to spend the night there, because it would have taken too long and also we were stuck in traffic jams yet again. They put a serious delay in the whole thing. But we managed after all and on saturday we finally arrived in Dresden. Now there's still some stuff in the car, but it's becoming less. You can actually see out the back now. haha. All that's left to do now is adjust to the fact that I no longer live in Holland and that all of my friends are far away right now.

2. I found a place to live in Boston!! it's amazing how fast everything went, but yes, so it is! I put up this add in this thing called ProArts Connect and this lovely young lady answered. :-) I haven't signed any contracts yet, but that is one of the projects of this week. It's a great house, too! with kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a patio, living room and all :-) only not furnished, but that shouldn't be a problem. i'll just buy some stuff once I get there. SO COOL!! 

3. I have my visa interview next week. I'm now finishing all the things I need, paying a few more fees and making sure I have everything filled out and ready. And as it turns out: only one more fee to pay and then I'm done! Can't believe it ... 

4. I got my tuition bill and it's just really expensive ... I knew it was gonna be like that, but seeing the amount makes it different again. I also don't understand all the points they put on the bill, but that's why a call is in order. It's absolutely impossible to get a response from some offices through email! I guess they work better when being called. I'm okay with that. Since I'm with my parents right now, I can use the actual phone and that will make the whole thing a lot cheaper and more convenient.
Well, thassit. 

it's now 8 weeks till Boston and I'm FREAKING OUT! more of excitement this time .. haha. 

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment