It's not getting better. No, it's getting worse! Like the title says, it is a bureaucratic nightmare and it's going to take a while to go away. Let me explain:
I need an interview at the Germany embassy to get a visa to study in the United States. That is clear. But let me tell you what I have to do before I even get that interview and a visa:
1. I need a form called an I-20 that will be sent to me by the college within the next two weeks (hopefully).
2. This I-20 thing enables me to pay a fee of 200 Euros called SEVIS.
3. this SEVIS fee enables me to fill out a form (whose name I forgot) which includes all kinds of questions and information, like I need two addresses for the form of two people living in Germany who can verify the information I put into the form.
4. This form enables me to then finally fill out ANOTHER form that will finally get me a date for the interview at the embassy.
Note to self after having written this: It was not at all that bad, I just need to read better and respect all the rules they put in.
I will of course respect the rules of the embassy and I will pay all fees and fill out all forms, but seriously, I just want to study there for 9 months and nothing else! There's no way around it I guess ...
So now I am waiting for the I-20. Then there's more vaccinations to do. Fortunately it's only two more.
On a happier note - I was able to find a real estate agent who will work with me (as soon as I get the I-20, haha ...). I will be able to find a place to live through her, but it will be a so-called "sight unseen", meaning I will not physically see the apartment but with photos and info and then sign the contract in Germany already. That is the only way to ensure that I will have a place to live.
LEAVING ON AUGUST 27TH!!!! :D
Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment