Wednesday, April 4, 2012

And so it begins ....


Message from Admissions



Congratulations, Vera!
On behalf of the president and the board of trustees, I am delighted to announce your acceptance to Berklee College of Music as a candidate for the bachelor of music degree, September 2012, fall semester.

------

Yes!! I did it! I wish I would have started this blog right when I auditioned but to be honest, I didn't think I'd actually get in. But it's not too late to share every step of the adventure that is about to happen. 

And it is official - I have decided to go on this adventure and accept my spot at Berklee! Even though I was not awarded a scholarship, I want to do this. It is a one in a lifetime opportunity and I will not let it pass by. I am ready to face the amount of paperwork it takes and hours spent reading class schedules, regulations, finding an apartment or just flying there. 

The first thing to do now is to pay the tuition deposit, apply for a visa, get a new passport and sign up for online placement events. These events will put you into the right theory classes. Then it's all about planning when to move out, what to do with my stuff etc. That will take a while. Also I don't want to think about the fact that I'm going to have to leave my friends behind. But I guess that's part of being a grownup - You have to deal with things like that. I will miss them, though! I already get teary-eyed now, even though it's really not time yet. But as we all know, time flies, and therefore the moment will come sooner rather than later when I will have to say goodbye for at least a year! 

However sad it may be to leave my friends behind, I can't begin to describe how excited I am! It is such an honor to be accepted by such a prestigious school. I will not waste a second of it!!!!! 

On that note - I should also not waste any time with my current studies, even though my thoughts are far far away in Boston, Massachusetts ..... 

Final Exam is coming up! May 22nd to be exact ... I better get crackin'! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Vera! I wish you all the best on your new endeavours :)

    Dimitris

    ReplyDelete